Main Menu

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

A Good Day to Die Hard


I remember how cool the first Die Hard was: the bad guy really did count to four and then did what he said. No fuss, and well there was a mess...poor Mr. Takagi. Fast forward through four sequels to Die Hard 5. A short, action filled romp in Russia. The storyline was a bit thin. Had the writers bothered to flesh it out a bit, I think this movie would have been almost as good as the original. As it stands, it is good and entertaining. However, the original still dominates with its boldness, clever humor, and badass bad guy, none of which seems fully realized here. It was an average action movie with the Die Hard name tacked on and a few plot points to tie it into the series. Had the creative team spent just a bit more time on it, they could have had a real winner here. Why am I going to rate this higher than I should? Because I loved all the action this movie had to offer, even if by Die Hard standards it is far from awesome, it still is an entertaining movie and I enjoyed it.
THIS MOVIEDOOD RATES IT: Sweet!

0 comments:

Post a Comment